Important: If you are behind a router you will likely need to change the configuration of your router. There
will be an option in your router for "PPTP Passthrough" that needs to be enabled before PPTP VPN will
work for you.
While we don't directly support linux because there are so many versions and linux
users are generally technical enough to be able to get things going on their own, you can still contact helpdesk
and we'll help if we can (we are just not experts in all the different flavors of linux). Linux does have a pptp
client that will work with the service:
- Very widespread, chances are even your smartphone can do it.
- Very easy to configure and use (unless running *nix)
- Uses your password as an encryption key
- Encrypted password hash can be captured from datastream
- Easily disconnects at the slightest packet loss and may instantly reroute traffic normally
- Windows 2k/XP users much more subject to DNS leaks
- Easy to identify and block
- Requires a router configuration change
Some tools you may find useful